New help paying your electric or gas bills? Gila County CAP income and eligibility

Electric and gas or propane relief – funding is available now through Gila County’s Community Action Program for local residents who meet low-income guidelines, or are experiencing unemployment or another qualifying hardship. For utility assistance, living alone and earning less than $2,061 gross per month is the qualifier - or sharing your home with one other person and earning less than $2,695 ($3,329 if there are three household members). If you have a question about your eligibility, call Community Action Program staff at (928) 425-7631.

Assistance from Gila County begins with a two-page application you can fill out online and email, download or print ahead of time from the website: If you’d like to request a copy of this form by mail or email, ask staff by email at [email protected]

Save time and speed up your application by completing the two-page prescreening form, which must be filled out, printed and delivered by fax, postal mail or in person to the CAP office. If you don’t have internet access or a computer, call Community Action staff at (928) 425-7631 during weekday business hours. Ask about your eligibility for programs such as Low Income Home Energy Assistance, which can assist with: cooling or heating bills - gas or electric; utility deposit payments; emergency utility assistance - to avoid disconnection; utility assistance paid to your landlord, if the utility bill is part of your rent; crisis-related loss of income; unanticipated expenses; health and safety reasons



Video News
More In Community